Please review the Ashtanga Yoga Center Etiquette Requests prior to attending your first class:
- Please bathe before class. Clean sweat does not have a pungent odor.
- Please make sure to use only unscented soap and lotion. Even mildly scented products can be offensive to other practitioners, so please be mindful to choose unscented.
- Please use a natural, unscented deodorant before class. Antiperspirant is not necessary, as sweat is a natural product of the practice, but deodorant is.
- Please make sure to wash and dry yoga clothes in between uses. Bacteria can linger when clothes are line dried or washed in cold water.
- Please make sure to clean yoga mats regularly. Storing mats unrolled, or leaving them out in the sun are also good ways to eliminate bacteria and reduce smells.